These Nutella Pancakes are not just two pancakes sandwiched with Nutella. This is a pancake STUFFED NEATLY with Nutella. Find out how!! (It’s super duper easy!)
There are very few pancakes in this world where I won’t say “drown with copious amounts of maple syrup, butter and cream for optimal experience”. This is one of them.
When pillowy soft, fluffy pancakes are stuffed with warm, oozy Nutella, you simply don’t need anything else. I added some strawberries for a pop of colour and freshness. I probably could have added cream. But they are 1000% optional.
Look at this stack of irresistible-ness (is that a real word?!). Don’t you just want to reach through your screen and grab one of these Nutella Pancakes? 😉
I’ve seen plenty of Nutella Pancakes “around” on the world-wide-web. But they were all either two pancakes sandwiched together with Nutella, or you had to try to spread Nutella onto the batter in the fry pan (very difficult, I tried!).
The way I make these is a little….unorthodox, shall we say? This idea dawned on me when I read somewhere that the way restaurants make molten lava cake is to pop a frozen chocolate ganache into the batter. (Actually, I didn’t read that somewhere, I saw it in the movie “Chef” during the epic moment when Jon Favreau completely loses his cool at a restaurant critic!)
So what I do is make frozen discs of Nutella. Then when I’m making the pancakes, I just plonk a disc on the batter, cover with more batter, and hey presto! You have perfect Nutella Pancakes!! 🙂
I don’t usually have a jar of Nutella in my pantry. I can’t. It’s just too dangerous. Because I’m one of those people who will actually sit on the couch and eat Nutella straight out of the jar with a spoon.
No shame. Are you appalled? 😉
So Nutella is a treat in my books. Which means if I’m using it to make something, I’ve done something so exceptional that I have deemed that I deserve a treat. Like having a meat free carb free
dairy free salad for dinner. (Correction: Couldn’t resist adding parmesan. So it wasn’t dairy free.). Which I did last night. Which means I can have these for Nutella Pancakes breakfast, right? I have plenty of calorie credits from last night to offset this against!
So….do you eat Nutella out of the jar too?? – Nagi x
Pancakes, pancakes, pancakes
Giant Pancakes – to share!
Pikelets – mini pancakes!
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Nutella Stuffed Pancakes
- 10 - 14 tbsp Nutella
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1cup + 2 tbsp milk (I used low fat)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- 1 tsp butter , separated (2 x 1/2 tsp)
- Sliced strawberries (optional)
Frozen Nutella Disc
- Line a baking tray with baking paper (parchment paper).
- Dollop 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp of Nutella onto the baking tray and spread into a disc around 2 1/2" / 6cm in diameter and 1/5" / 1/2 cm thick. (Note 1) Repeat to make 7 discs.
- Place the tray in the freezer until firm (around 1 to 1 1/2 hours).
- Peel off the parchment paper. Keep the Nutella discs in the freezer until required (they soften quickly).
- Place the Dry Ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Make a well in the centre and place the Wet Ingredients in the well. Whisk until combined and lump free (stop whisking as soon as it is smooth, don't over whisk).
- Melt 1/2 tsp butter in a non stick fry pan over medium heat. Once melted, wipe most of the butter off with a paper towel. (Note 2)
- Take 3 Frozen Nutella Discs out of the freezer just before you start cooking. (Note 3)
- Dollop 1/4 cup of batter into the fry pan. Working quickly, place 1 Frozen Nutella Disc in the middle of the batter, then top with batter to cover the Nutella disc (Note 4).
- When bubbles start appearing around the edges (around 2 minutes), lift up the edge and make sure the underside is golden. Then flip and cook until the other side is golden.
- Repeat with remaining batter. Melt more butter in the pan after the 3rd or 4th pancake. You should be able to make 7 in total, but sometimes it makes 6 - depends on how much batter you use on top of the Nutella.
- Serve warm with sliced strawberries, if using. You could also serve with cream but I find that it's not necessary!
Save these Nutella Pancakes to your “MUST TRY” Pinterest Board!
And let’s be friends on Pinterest so you can see all the delicious recipes I’m pinning!
If you are as obsessed with Nutella as I am, you will LOVE these No Bake Mini Nutella Cheesecakes!
They’re made in a muffin tin!
Leave a Comment