Here’s a really quick & easy baked zucchini recipe that takes 3 minutes to prep. Also known as courgettes, this speedy side dish goes down like this: Cut zucchinis lengthwise, toss with oil, salt & pepper. Sprinkle with parmesan and breadcrumbs, 12 minutes in a hot oven. Delicious!
Quick Baked Zucchini recipe
This recipe is just a really fast way to cook zucchini in the oven that’s extremely tasty. For all those times you don’t have time to salt, squeeze, grate, slice, dredge, batter and fry.
You just need a super quick veggie side dish. Right?
I hear you. Enter – quick and easy baked zucchini! With crispy golden crunchy parmesan bits!
What you need
Here’s what you need: 500g / 1 lb (or so) zucchini, 2 tablespoons each breadcrumbs and parmesan (store bought!), oil, salt and pepper. Just a bit of parmesan adds terrific savoury flavour and a touch of breadcrumbs adds welcome texture. The two little things that makes this quick recipe so good!
How to bake zucchini / courgettes in the oven (quickly!)
Now the fun part – showing you how this is so quick and easy. Lining them up together on the tray is my trick for capturing 99% of the parmesan and breadcrumbs without the hassle of dredging / coating!
- Cut in quarters or sixths lengthwise – minimal chopping!
- Toss with oil, salt & pepper, line them up next to each other, then sprinkle the breadcrumbs and parmesan straight on top. Because they’re touching, it “catches” most of the parmesan and breadcrumbs;
- Drizzle with oil – just 2 teaspoons or so – then bake 12 minutes in a super hot oven….
- Until the parmesan becomes golden and the zucchini is tender but not mushy. Voila! Speedy Baked Zucchini!
What to serve with zucchini
As a veggie side, this baked zucchini will go with almost any meal, though I don’t see it alongside Asian food! In the spirit of “quick and easy”, try it on the side of one of these speedy main dishes:
But hand on heart, most of the tray you see was my lunch on that day. You will start eating them, and you won’t stop! – Nagi x
Watch how to make it
See how quick and easy this baked zucchini really is!
Quick and Easy Baked Zucchini
- 600g/ 1.2lb zucchinis (4 large, 5 medium)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp parmesan , grated (store bought sandy type is best)
- Preheat oven to 240°C / 450°F (220°C fan) with the oven shelf set high in the oven.
- Trim the ends off the zucchini. Cut medium zucchinis in quarters lengthwise, and large ones into sixths (halve then cut each half into 3 lengthwise to make 6 long "wedges").
- Pile zucchini on a tray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil, salt and pepper. Toss.
- Line up in two rows so they're touching each other, with the skin side down.
- Sprinkle evenly with breadcrumbs, then parmesan, drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Bake 12 minutes until the parmesan is golden and zucchini is soft but not soggy.
- Serve immediately!
Life of Dozer
I can assure you he doesn’t clamp down on zucchinis like he does this toy.