These Crispy Roasted Parmesan Potatoes are epic! Make them for your Sunday Roast or pass them around at a gathering. It goes without saying that these are all about that crispy, golden parmesan crust…..
THESE CRISPY ROASTED PARMESAN POTATOES ARE EPIC!
Just a fleeting glance at these Crispy Roasted Parmesan Potatoes is all you need to KNOW that these are utterly addictive and that you’ll be fighting to make sure you get your fair share.
Just look at them! Soft on the inside….. Golden crispy parmesan crusted on the outside, loaded with ridiculous flavour not just from the parmesan, but from a touch of seasoning too….
QUICK AND EASY TO MAKE
And isn’t it just so convenient that something as fabulous as these are so fuss free to make? Drizzle oil in baking dish, scatter over parmesan + basic seasonings, press down halved baby potatoes, bake.
To make life really easy, I use store bought parmesan, the sand-like type that is sold in the refrigerator section that’s made with real parmesan (I take no responsibility if you choose to try this with the grated parmesan sold in the aisles). Freshly grated parmesan also works, as long as it’s finely grated (but see recipe notes for quantity required).
This is the “sandy” parmesan I use for this recipe. It’s made with real parmesan, grated finely, and it’s sold in the refrigerator section.
HOW TO SERVE THESE PARMESAN POTATOES
The obvious way to serve these are as a side dish.
But they would also be fabulous served as finger food to pass around at a party! Truthfully, I’ve never done it and that thought only dawned on me after I snapped what I thought was the last photo and started popping them into my mouth, one by one.
I froze, with my
4th 5th 6th potato halfway to my mouth, thinking “I should take a photo showing these like something to serve as nibbles”.
That 6th potato never made it into the shot below. ? – Nagi x
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
Crispy Roasted Parmesan Potatoes recipe video!
Crispy Roasted Parmesan Potatoes
- 750 g / 1.5 lb baby potatoes , halved (about 3.5cm / 1.75", 20 - 24 potatoes)
- 2 tbsp olive oil , plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 cup / 50 g grated parmesan , the sand-like type (Note 1)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (or sub with onion powder)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano or thyme
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt (I use table salt, leave out to lower sodium)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Dipping Sauce (Optional):
- 3/4 cup sour cream, or sub with plain yoghurt , or a combination of both
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions/scallions , plus more for garnish (or chives)
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F.
- Mix Parmesan Mixture in a bowl.
- Drizzle oil in 22 x 33cm / 9 x 13" glass baking dish (Note 2). Tilt pan to spread all over the base.
- Use a spoon to scatter the Parmesan Mixture over the base. Spread as evenly as you can. Once sprinkled, do not touch - don't try to spread it.
- Place potatoes cut side down, pressing firmly.
- Optional: drizzle top of potatoes with a touch of oil or spray with oil, then sprinkle with salt.
- Bake potatoes for 35 - 40 minutes or until they are soft and the parmesan crust is deep golden (you can check through the glass!)
- REST for 5 minutes. Then use an egg flip to cut between every 4 or so potatoes (i.e. cutting through the parmesan crust which bonds between each potato - see video), then scoop up 4 or so potatoes and flip them upside down so the cheese side is up on a serving platter.
- Serve with Dipping Sauce, if using, and sprinkle over extra green onions if desired. Serve as a side dish or as nibbles!
LIFE OF DOZER
Wondering if he’s allowed back in…. (he was booted out so I could mop!)