Crispy Garlic Chicken Thighs
Recipe video above. A fantastic quick and easy chicken thigh recipe! You'll love the terrific garlic flavour in this - seared on the crust and in the sauce. The trick to crispy skinless chicken thighs is to cook longer on a lower heat.
Prep Time3 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 700 g / 1.2 lb skinless boneless chicken thighs (5 to 6)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml dry white wine (or broth or water)
- 25 g / 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 large garlic cloves , minced
- Finely chopped parsley , optional
Sprinkle both sides of chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place chicken in skillet smooth side down.
Press down lightly with with spatula. Cook for 5 minutes until deep golden and crispy.
Turn and press lightly with spatula. Cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic and butter, cook for 1 minute until garlic is light golden and it smells amazing.
Add wine, then turn up heat. Stir around the chicken to dissolve golden bits stuck on the skillet into the wine. Simmer rapidly for 1 1/2 minutes or until alcohol smell evaporates.
Remove from heat. Serve chicken with sauce.
1. This recipe can be made with chicken breast but it won't have the same golden crust. Cut breast in half horizontally so they're 1cm / 2/5" thick, follow recipe but use these cook times: heat skillet on high, cook for 2 minutes, flip, cook for 1 minute then add garlic and butter, proceed with recipe as written.
2. Suggested sides: Cowboy Rice Salad, Roasted Broccoli, Avocado Corn Salad, Garlic Butter Kale Rice, Mushroom Rice (also see Baked Mushroom Rice), Smashed Potatoes.
3. Nutrition per serving, chicken and all the sauce.
Serving: 180g | Calories: 334kcal