This Green Bean Salad is a terrific combination of textures – tender crisp green beans, juicy cherry tomatoes, fresh sprinkle of red onion and creamy pops of feta, tossed with a classic zingy lemon salad dressing.
Make a big batch and keep it for days in the fridge. It also holds up well even once dressed – good for lunch boxes and gatherings!
Green Bean Salad
This is a salad that’s ideal for entertaining and meal prep because it can be made ahead. Unlike many salads, you don’t have to worry about wilting leafy greens or chopped vegetables becoming watery.
The added bonus is that it’s one of those salads that’s actually quite satisfying. Green beans have that way about them – so much more to them than lettuce!!
What you need
Here’s what you need for this Green Bean Salad. It’s made with a simple Lemon Salad Dressing that’s zingy and slightly thickened with mustard so it clings better to the beans.
How to make Green Bean Salad
As for the making:
- Shake dressing in a jar – it’s the best way to really meld the lemon and oil together to create a thick, glossy dressing;
- Cook beans to your taste (I like mine tender crisp)
- Then toss with dressing, tomato and onion, then garnish with feta last (if you toss salad with it, it looks messy).
And that’s all there is to it!
Add it to your work lunch boxes, or make a big batch on Sunday and serve it through the week! – Nagi x
Watch how to make it
Green Bean Salad with Cherry Tomatoes and Feta
- 1 lb / 500g green beans , trimmed
- 350g / 12oz cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1/2 red onion , finely sliced
- 120g / 4oz feta , crumbled
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (or white wine vinegar)
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (adjust to taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Combine the Dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well. Set aside - or refrigerate up to 2 days. Bring to room temperature before using.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the beans, bring it back up to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes (tender) to 3 minutes (tender).
- Drain in colander then run under cold tap water to cool (or plunge into bowl of ice water).
- Drain well then pat dry with clean dish towels.
- Place beans in a bowl with tomato and onion. Drizzle with dressing, then toss. Garnish with feta. Serve!
More Green Bean Sides and Salads
Options is a great thing!
Life of Dozer
Green Bean rejection!