Simple to make and insanely delicious. This baked Bacon Wrapped Chicken is food euphoria. Because we all know bacon makes everything better. So when you lightly season the chicken, wrap it in bacon, dust it with brown sugar then bake it to golden caramelised perfection, it takes that basic rule to a level you won’t believe.
This is ridiculously good. There are simply no words!
Bacon Wrapped Chicken
I apologise in advance to anyone who is trying to “be healthy” this week because chances are, your good intentions will be thrown out the window when you see this Bacon Wrapped Chicken!!!
We all know that bacon makes (almost) everything better….I mean, what a way to dress up a humble piece of chicken…
Seriously. Do you know any non-vegetarians who would turn down juicy chicken wrapped in gorgeous caramelised bacon???
No kitchen string.
Nothing fancy about this Bacon Wrapped Chicken at all. Simply coat the chicken in a simple seasoning (it really takes this to another level!), roll it up in bacon, dust with brown sugar and bake.
I bake it in a hot oven to get the bacon as caramelised as possible without overcooking the chicken. But if you want the bacon even more golden, just crank up the broiler/grill after it finishes baking. The brown sugar on the bacon will make it brown really quickly.
Then brush the juicy pan juices on the bacon to make it gorgeously glossy. Brush, brush, brush….don’t waste all that free flavour!!
Food like this is what I’m all about. Just the right combination of a few simple ingredients to make something really incredible.
It’s the brown sugar that makes all the difference. The dusting of brown sugar on the bacon makes it beautifully caramelised, and creates extra pan juices that you can brush onto the chicken to make it glossy.
And because I hate wasting free flavour, I scrape the tray clean to drizzle every bit of flavour I can onto the chicken.
Serve it on mashed potato to soak up those extra juices.
Look like a champ at dinner time.
With SUCH LITTLE EFFORT.
Hello there, Mr Bacon Wrapped Chicken. You need to get in my tummy. Right now! – Nagi x
Anything Bacon Wrapped is a GOOD THING!
One Pan Ricotta Stuffed Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken WITH Scalloped Potatoes!
MORE SIMPLE BAKED CHICKEN RECIPES
Sticky Baked Country Chicken Thighs (boneless skinless thighs)
Honey Mustard Chicken – also this version with Potatoes and crispy bacon!
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (or sub with more paprika)
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Black pepper
- 4 large chicken thigh fillets (about 5oz / 150g each), cut in half (Note 1)
- 8 pieces bacon , streaky (Note 2)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp olive oil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200C/390F (fan forced / convection) (Note 3)
- Line tray with baking paper.
- Combine Seasoning in a small bowl. Place brown sugar in a separate bowl.
- Coat chicken in Seasoning, shaking off excess. Place on one end of bacon and roll up, finishing with the seam side down. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Coat chicken in sugar - use your fingers to rub it on if required. Place on baking tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil (helps make it brown faster, optional)
- Bake for 25 minutes. If the bacon is not golden enough for your taste, switch on the broiler for a few minutes.
- Brush the juices on the tray onto the bacon to make it glossy and juicy. Serve on mashed potatoes, drizzled with extra pan juices if desired!
LIFE OF DOZER
Dozer spies with his little eyes….BACON!!!
Leave a Comment