Christmas recipes and Christmas Menus for everyone!! Whether you’re having a summery Aussie Christmas lunch, a cosy White Christmas, a traditional Christmas dinner, or need speedy recipes that still have the wow factor, here’s a collection of my very best Christmas food ideas!
Christmas Recipes and Menus
The RecipeTin Family is notorious for leaving our Christmas menu until the last minute. We like to toss ideas around, offering up suggestions, “debating”, looking around to see what looks good this year.
There’s a big build up until 3 days before – then bam! The Menu is Set, tasks are allocated, and everyone is dispatched to source the required ingredients.
It’s all part of our annual Christmas ritual.
And now, it’s your turn. I hope this Christmas Recipe Index and Menu Ideas helps you to plan your Christmas Menu! ~ Nagi x
What will be your centrepiece this year?? A perfectly cooked Prime Rib, the juiciest ever Roast Turkey, a sticky Glazed Ham or the most incredible simple Herb and Garlic Butter Slow Cooker Turkey Breast?
Warm & Hearty Sides
Warm and cosy, many of these are great for making ahead! My pick: Potatoes au Gratin. Indulgent, tastes outrageously good (it’s French, you can’t go wrong) and it’s 100% perfect for make ahead.
Salads & Summery Sides
Never under estimate the power of a really great fresh, crunchy salad. And for those of us who have a Summer Christmas, fill your festive table with these colourful, a little-bit-show-off salads and side dishes!
It might not be traditional, but for years Corn Bread has remained as a firm favourite in our family! We love how soft and moist it is, that it’s so tasty you could eat it plain but when you use it to mop your Christmas plate clean? Swooon…
Starters & Snacks
Things to nibble before the feast are mandatory. Full stop!
There is ALWAYS room for dessert. Always!!!
- 🦃 🎄My Perfect Traditional Christmas Menu (ignoring all practical logistics like oven space and sleeping!)
- ☀️ Aussie Summer Christmas Lunch!
- 🥩 Prime Rib Christmas Dinner
- ❄️ Cosy White Christmas Dinner
- 💵Budget Buster! (For Australia)
- 😇 Super Easy Christmas Menu – low effort, forgiving, make ahead recipes
There will never be a single menu that will work for everyone, but I hope these give you some ideas for different combinations that you might want to try!
Merry Christmas and Happy Feasting! ~ Nagi x
Super Easy Christmas Menu
- 3 Minute Festive Brie
- Crackers for dipping
Simple Salad (make one or two):
- Store bought bread
- Butter or olive oil for dipping
3 Minute Festive “Baked” Brie:
- Prepare components ahead, then takes minutes to assemble on the day.
Juicy Slow Cooker Turkey Breast with Gravy:
- Prepare rub ahead, then slow cook first thing in the morning.
Brown Sugar Glazed Ham or Maple Glazed Ham:
- Can be entirely prepped ahead, or even baked ahead!
Easy creamy cheesy Potato Bake:
- A simpler version of Potatoes au Gratin! Prepare ingredients ahead then bake on the day. OR bake ahead then reheat in the oven, covered.
Lemon Potato Salad (alternative):
- Is best made the day before!
Wild Rice Salad:
- Prep all ingredients ahead then toss to serve on the day.
- Make dressings the up to 2 days ahead.
Easy Chocolate Fudge Cake:
- Can be made days in advance!
Originally published in December 2017. This post gets updated each year with the latest additions to holiday recipes!
LIFE OF DOZER
When a gingerbread man’s arm goes missing, everyone is so quick to blame Dozer…. but in this case, it was my sausage fingers that was the cause of the amputation!